Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Kelsey


Before our Fair-extravaganza, we had a very special visitor from Spokane.  Her name is Kelsey and she brought her new husband, son and step-daughter with her.  We haven't seen her since January 29, 2009, the day after Beau was born.  She was in the room when Beau was born and played a huge role in his birthmother's life then and now.  In the hospital we decided she would be Aunt Kelsey but once we came home we lost contact. I found her recently on Facebook and have been exchanging emails ever since.   We haven't had any contact with Beau's birthmother since he was born and that makes Kelsey that much more important to us, especially me.  I found myself feeling validated by her comments about how well Beau is doing and soaked up every tidbit of information about his birth family.  Validated is the only word I can think of at the moment to describe the feeling. Suffice it to say, it's a feeling only an adoptive mother can feel.  I hope to continue our contact with Kelsey and see her and her family in the future.

No comments: