Wednesday, April 28, 2010

15

Sweet Beaumeister,

Today marks your 15 month "smurf day" as your Grandma Cindy called it.  This milestone always reminds me of her as she said it was her favorite age when I was growing up.  I can see why it was, your personality is really starting to emerge and you make me laugh a 100 times a day at least.  You already have a big personality and it's going to be fun seeing it flourish! Unfortunately, you are enjoying this occasion all that much. You are getting over a nasty cold, have a double ear infection and have three molars coming in.   For all I know, the fourth is trying to come in as well but you refuse to let me look in your mouth to verify that.   We visited the doctor today and I know you're a little over 22 pounds but they didn't measure you so I'm not sure how tall you are.  I know you think you're a big boy though.  You are all about keeping up with your sister these days-watching what she does and trying to do the same stuff like, climb up the ladder and go down the slide in your playhouse.  All it takes is for you to see her do something once and you've got to try it.  Your favorite thing to do outside, besides go up the ladder by yourself, is find rocks and sticks outside and put them somewhere else.  You are a very good helper inside the house, by putting things away, sometimes even where they are supposed to go! You love to dig through the kitchen cabinets and steal the utensils and throw them down the stairs to the playroom. Then you hit the floor and slide down the stairs yourself.  A pretty efficient and safe way to transport your toys I guess.  I am happy to report that you continue to be a very good eater. You and your sister both love Stouffer's Mac and Cheese and eat it like it's the last time you're ever going to get it.   You also love apples, pears, bananas and strawberries.  Trying to feed yourself with a spoon or fork has become a favorite activity-one that mommy learned not to do with oatmeal. What a mess that was!  You are such a happy little guy and I love watching you when we are out in public. You love flirting with girls and getting people to pay attention to you.  Everyone comments on your beautiful blue eyes and curly hair. I can see you're going to be a heartbreaker before long!

Some of your other favorite things: taking Lainey to preschool. You walk in there like you own the place and I can tell you're going to be ready for preschool long before I'm ready to let you go.  Baths are probably your favorite thing in the world!  All we have to do is mention a bath and you bolt for the bathroom and try climbing into the tub, fully clothed!  You like to pet Cooper, saying, "Gentle" as you pet him harder than you're supposed to.  Your sister.  You light up when you see her and you're always so excited to play with her.  Your Daddy. You call for him more than you call for me.  I can't blame you. The two of you have a great time together wrestling and running around.  You are  very loving and enjoy a good snuggle but you don't like to give kisses. Instead, you prefer to blow kisses or just smack your lips.

I am so blessed that you are my son Beau.  Not a moment goes by I don't thank God for allowing me to be your  Mommy.  I can't even begin to tell you the joy and sunshine you bring to our lives every day.  You are a very smart, sweet little boy and I enjoy watching you grow and learn.   We can't wait to see what you come up with next!  I love you with all my heart Beau,

XOXO,

Mommy


















 It's a good thing we don't have a real cat!

4 comments:

Mary Liz said...

How precious your words are and how precious he is. Do you think we will ever get out there!!!????
Love you all, GML

Dad said...

You said it much better than I ever could...nice job Mommy!

Love, Daddy

Mary Liz said...

I was looking again at the photos. The one where Beau is all giggly: the photo speaks to me with the noise and a possible face shower. Love it!!

Nicole Reid said...

I love that photo too ML. Photos really don't do him justice though. He has such a big personality! I think it's noisy due to my cropping it down so much although it could be due high iso. The light inside our house isn't the greatest.