Saturday, April 17, 2010

Meeting Pioneer Woman


I have been waiting for weeks, well actually, months, to meet Pioneer Woman (aka Ree Drummond).  Ever since I heard about her book tour, I kept an eye on when she would be coming to Seattle and today was the day!!!

My sister and I met at the bookstore this afternoon, only to find out that you get assigned a letter and that the line will go in alphabetical order. We got group E. Basically, had I shown up when the store opened, I might've gotten group A but whatever.  We ended up leaving and coming back later, only to narrowly miss our group being called.  I don't know if I would've survived had I missed meeting her.

I was so nervous and excited and not afraid to admit it. I absolutely love her photography, her recipes are awesome and she's just plain funny!  She has inspired me not only to cook more (that in itself is a miracle) but to take more photos.  To top it all off, she's beautiful!  It was so worth the wait in line! I just wish I could've come up with something witty to say to her and maybe make it onto her blog, but I drew a blank and stood there like a dope.  I did tell her we were huge fans and she told us we were "little!"

No comments: