Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fairbank Farm

How I lived in Snohomish County for 15 some odd years and never visited this jewel of a pumpkin patch/petting zoo is beyond me.  But it would be just my luck to move to Seattle and then go.  We were lucky enough to score an invite to the Fabulous Miss Annabelle's first birthday party that was held here.  She holds a very special place in my heart and I would've sooner chopped off my arm than miss her special day.  We didn't hit the pumpkin patch section but instead spent our time feeding the "dirty birds" as Daddy called them and falling in love with the ponies, just born baby pigs, goats and chicks.

Getting bird food from Daddy

Hmmm....wonder what it tastes like?

Mommy told me not to get too close to you guys

But she told me I could touch you.  Sheesh, she sure is confusing! I'm not sure I want to pet you.

Well, I guess if Lainey can do it, so can I.

Mommy was glad to see the One Finger Rule has sunk into our heads.

And she said I rocked my very first pair of rainboots. Batman of course.

Lainey told the goat she loved it.

She also expressed her love for the pony.

That one finger rule again. Love it!

Mommy said these were chicken nuggets but I don't see any. Do you Beau?  All I see are chickens. 

Watching a baby chick hatch

Baby pigs that were born the day before.  Pretty much the cutest things I've ever seen.  There was just one with spots. Think Mom's wondering what happened there?

1 comment:

Mary Liz said...

What a great blast of photos and the boots...too cool! XOX, GML