Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom

Today my mom would have been 61 years old. This July it will be 12 since she died and I miss her more now than I did 12 years ago. I wonder what she would think of my parenting skills (or lack thereof), and generally, my life and how I have turned out thus far. I know she would have loved my husband and enjoyed spoiling her grandchildren. She did so many things in her own special way and I try to incorporate a lot of her into my relationship with my kids. One regret she had at the end of her life was that she had had more patience with her kids. That is one area I struggle with as well but try daily, even hourly to improve upon with mine.


I Love and miss you very much Mom.
My Mom holding me.
Not sure how old I am in this photo but can't be more than a couple of months.

2 comments:

Mary Liz said...

I wish she were there for you too. Moms are moms and that is all there is to it!! Love, ML

Karlyn Frantsen said...

Beautiful picture of your mom as a child, and I love the one of you two, too! Karlyn