Thursday, June 11, 2009

Forgetting Sarah Marshall


I love this movie and have seen it at least 10 times. The first time was well before we decided to change the destination of our kid-free vacation. Then once I started looking at Oahu, the resort became all that more appealing. Not only was FSM filmed there but the 17th hole on one of the golf courses was where Sayid shot a guy on Lost, another favorite of mine. We didn't do the hike to that location and I wasn't about to spend my vacay golfing of all things so I didn't get a shot of that one. We also didn't get to see the Kapua Suite as only those with "Oprah money" can afford it. [If you haven't seen the movie, I definitely recommend it. Just know that its stupid humor.] We did however see the backdrop for the front desk and the cottages where they stayed. I know, I'm a geek. But at least one that's easily amused.

After watching the movie again, we discovered that we went to the same cliff that Peter and Rachel jump off--Laie Point. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I got a little excited about it! These four people all jumped and had a hard time getting out of the water. They had to climb the rocks and time it just right or the waves pushed them either against the rocks or pulled them back out. One girl's lost her bikini bottoms.

1 comment:

Coop/Steph/Jackson/Mackenzie said...

sounds awesome.... so the obvious question is, did Robert meet Kunu?

"Looks like you got some pain behind those eyes" :)