Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Hunting for a tree



I say hunting for a tree because it's about as far from hunting as one can get. We drove about 5 minutes from our house, unloaded the kids at Donna's and walked around til we found our tree.  With tying it to the top of the car, in all we were gone about 20 minutes.  The Griswold's we are not. In that regard anyway.

Lainey had fun "helping" me test the lights and put them on the tree.

Sitting on the couch next to the tree is a favored spot of Lainey's.  She figured out she can reach the "Candy Lands" and make off with them. I can appreciate her ingenuity. I used to steal the candy canes off my mom's tree and rearrange them so she wouldn't notice.  I got busted every time because I never knew when to stop (or couldn't stop more like.)




The gate isn't pretty but it's necessary these days

Beau woke up from his nap to a great surprise and was determined to get his hands on the tree.  So Daddy did what anyone would do: gave him a birdseye view!

All in all, I think this is my favorite tree ever.  It's Beau's first Christmas, Lainey is really starting to get into the whole thing and it's our first Christmas as a family of four. Last year we were anxiously awaiting Beau's arrival and we didn't feel complete yet.


1 comment:

Piper said...

Beau looks pretty miffed about the gate. Like, "no one asked ME about this!"