Sunday, November 29, 2009

Trial Run with Santa


Going downtown to see the tree at Westlake Center Thanksgiving weekend has become something of a tradition for us.  It started long before we had kids and while it's changed a bit since they arrived, it's something we look forward to doing.  So yesterday, we decided we'd go after Beau woke up from his nap, have dinner at Icon Grill, see the tree, the Macy's star (which will always be the Bon Marche star to me, sorry Macy's), the carousel, and do a little shopping.  Aside from the potty emergency at dinner in which Mommy was caught unprepared but that Daddy handled with ease, the evening went pretty well.  At 7:30pm (close to or after both kids' bedtimes)  I spied with my little eye, that the line to see Santa was pretty short.  After letting Lainey a chance to check him out through the window, she agreed to go in and talk to him.  Amazingly, it all went well. Lainey wasn't too keen on sitting on his lap but loved the rocking horse.  Beau checked him out pretty good and didn't start crying til the very end and that was probably due to him being out past his bedtime.  I predicted that he'd be the kid to pull off Santa's beard and he sure tried!




Unfortunately, I only had one lens with me and it wasn't the one I would have chosen had I known we'd be visiting Santa.

It's been a busy weekend with too much turkey and pie eating, putting up lights, falling down cement stairs, visiting Santa, and photo shoots in Mommy's new favorite location.  Today is all about football, crafting and relaxing!  Next weekend   will probably involve getting  our tree, more photos and possibly Christmas cookies!

I can't help but think sometimes:
This can't be my life.
I never dreamed I'd be this happy.
 I am so very blessed.

2 comments:

Mary Liz said...

Yes, you are blessed. I love the photos. Beau and Lainey both do the huh? look quite well. Love, GML

Team Turcotte said...

It is your life and you guys deserve it! Will Robert be taking any time off during the Christmas break? Maybe we can come up your way.