Thursday, July 16, 2009

Robert's NYC trip

Robert got home last night from a 4 day work trip to New York City. While there, he managed to get us all goodies from M & M World (I love their coffee mugs), and before catching his flight home, made a special trip to Carlo's Bakery in Hoboken, NJ. Why would he go to Hoboken you ask? Well, we have recently become hooked on a new show on TLC called The Cake Boss and it's at Carlo's Bakery. The owner, Buddy, is the Cake Boss. What that guy can do with cake is nothing short of art! One of my favorite episodes involves a guy ordering a variety of italian pastries for his pregnant wife. It seems she was craving the Lobster Tails. What did Robert bring me? Lobster tails!!! It's made with filo dough that has custard in the middle and is shaped like a lobster tail (or cone). I am now completely hooked and craving more!!! I don't look forward to his business trips but I won't complain too much about him going to NYC again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll get to tag along on the next one.
Oh, and not only did he bring back the lobster tails, he brought cupcakes and cookies too!! I know, what a guy right?! I am so SO lucky!!! He also brought me a t-shirt and got his picture taken with two of Buddy's sisters!! That's how I found out he was at Carlo's-he emailed me a picture of him and Mary! The pictures aren't fabulous as he took them with his Blackberry. I'll be sending him with a real camera next time!

Seriously, we've been married ten years and he still does sweet stuff like this for me.
He's quite a guy and I am so glad he chose me!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I LOVE LOBSTER CLAWS!!!!