Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A New Frontier

Tonight is the night before Lainey starts kindergarten.  I'm excited, scared, sad and everything in between.  I can't stop thinking about the day we brought her home from the hospital and the big grin I had on my face every time I looked in the backseat and thought, "there's a PERSON back there and she's ALL MINE!"  Her and I have spent the majority of every day since.  For the first time, she'll be away from me more than she's with me (if you don't count her sleeping).  Her world is expanding and changing and I'm so excited for her but sad that I'm losing a bit of her.  My fear for quite some time has been that she wouldn't be ready.  But all the signs seem to be telling me she is ready.  She's reading like a rock stars, doing math and very excited about learning new things and making new friends.  I have to let go and I want to let her go but I'll admit-I'm envious of her teachers and all the people that get to see her grow every day.  That's been one of my favorite things about being a stay at home mother; seeing her blossom and grow every.single.day.  Now I won't be there to witness it.  So, the process of letting her go begins for real.  I have a funny feeling it won't be me that breaks away first from our goodbye hug tomorrow morning.  I really and truly feel like a mother tonight.

 If you think I did just one First Day of Kindergarten photo shoot, you don't know me at all. 



Our traditional, in front of the door to measure our growth shot with a new tradition of her writing her name to show how her handwriting improves over the years. 

No comments: