Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My favorite time of the day

One thing "they" don't tell you about having kids is how much you'll enjoy watching them sleep.  I guess it could be just me, but one of my favorite moments of the day, is looking in on them after they've gone to sleep.  No matter how crazy the day, seeing them sleeping so peacefully, albeit in some funny positions, just makes my heart melt. It's one of the few times during the day I still see what's left of the baby in each of them.  I started taking photos of Lainey every night to document the way this girl sleeps.  I'd love to get photos of Beau, and I plan on it.....someday.  For now, he's still in his crib (knock on wood), with a crib tent and if that doesn't get in the way of the camera, he's an incredibly light sleeper. Lainey has always slept like a log and I can, if necessary, turn on the lights in her room, if she hasn't fallen with them on already. What you can't see in most of the photos, are all the books in her bed. She always has at least 5 in the bed with her, sometimes stuck to her face. I imagine she's trying to stay awake as long as possible by looking at books, but as everyone knows, [insert evil laugh] reading makes you sleepy.  One of the very few tricks I have up my sleeve. Fighting her on reading books before bed is not a battle I feel I need to fight.






And my favorite:

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Oh my, the 2nd to last one makes my heart melt.

Team Turcotte said...

I need to do this with Kira! Love it!