Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Update

Remember this little guy? He's growing like a weed and seems to become smarter and craftier by the minute! He loves having his Grammy and Grandpa all to himself for part of the week but we miss him and can tell he misses us, in particular, Daddy.  Once in awhile he grabs his shoes, tells Grammy bye bye and heads for the door. When asked where he's going, he says, "I'm going home."  I feel bad but am glad he's where he is. This remodel is tough enough with Lainey and it would be unbearable if we were all living in the basement.
Things are progressing nicely on the house. Windows are a bit late but they seem to be working around them.  I've been busy choosing flooring, lighting locations and fixtures, electrical outlet locations, and working on details with the cabinet maker.  Soon it will be time to choose the stain for the hardwood floors, and paint colors, one of the more stressful areas for me.  How the house looks this morning:
I can't tell you how excited I am to see that half moon window gone!


In the meantime, Lainey brought home a nasty flu bug that apparently whipped through her preschool.  The one thing that girl doesn't mind sharing is her germs and wouldn't you know it, I caught it.  Right now she has this mysterious red rash that supposedly, is harmless and will be gone within 48 hours.  Poor thing isn't feeling like herself and that rash is scaring her mother!
During all of this chaos, Beau turned two, Lainey turned four and I haven't kept up with  my blogging.  I feel guilty, not so much for all of the people who read the blog, but for Lainey and Beau. I do this blog for them and for me. It's my way of memory keeping and I certainly don't want them to look back and think I forgot their birthdays or wonder why there is a big gap in the entries. But, I'll have the before and after photos of our house and maybe they'll understand.

3 comments:

Piper said...

OMG, I can't believe you wrote that last part! I do the same thing with my blog and last night I was looking through old posts and realized that I didn't do the monthly "month day" posts for Áine as much as I did for Vincent and I started feeling all guilty. Can you believe what we put ourselves through as mothers! Your kids will be thrilled with the memories you did document and know that that is only a percentage of the ones they experienced and know that their childhood was rich with love and memories. The house is looking great.

Mary Liz said...

Thanks for the update, you are more attentive with your blog than I am with mine. Love ya all. GML

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see the before and after pictures of the inside of the house-I'm sure it's going to look great!