Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Blessed

The last four weeks have been a whirlwind! Life has gotten fuller, more beautiful and much MUCH busier!! Today some of Robert's co-workers had a surprise baby shower for Robert and part of the surprise was that Beau, Lainey and I come down to celebrate. They have blessed us so much over the years with their prayers, support, gifts and friendship. My sister saved my butt today by going with us and helping me. I would have been very late had she not come along! She even let Lainey lick all the frosting off HER piece of cake at the shower! I've never known a cooler or nicer aunt!
Saturday my sister and best friends Bridgette and Jeena threw a baby shower for Beau. The little slept through the entire party! It was a great party with lots of great food, the decorations were amazing and it all started with Bridgette finding some great scrapbooking paper that matched Beau's bedding, also a Bridgette find! What would I do without her?


Two of my favorite people. Another favorite girlfriend took the photo!

There have been a handful of times in my life that have provided a valuable lesson: who your true friends really are. I learned long ago that life is too short to waste it on the wrong people and to cherish those you love and that love you. All of the people that were with me every step of the way on my journey to motherhood are dear to my heart and I truly do not believe I could have done it without them. I have a wonderful husband who loves me and would do anything for me and I know how lucky I am to have married my soulmate and love of my life. I thank God for giving me him every day. Not to take anything away from him, but there is just something special and unique about girlfriends. From the truly incredible women I've met in Peps, my neighborhood, through other friends, those I've known just a short time and those I've known a long time, I have accumulated quite a group of fabulous friends! I just hope you know how much you mean to me and I hope I am half as good a friend to you as you are to me. I am truly blessed.


Lainey checking out Daddy's office and desk. His phone rang and she tried to answer it saying, "hello. hellooooo." It was hilarious!

The awesome party setup on Saturday. Bridgette, Nan and Jeena, you WAY outdid yourselves!!

My sweet, talented Mother in law made me a pie for my birthday. How sweet is she to put my initial and a heart on it? She is the best and I am so lucky to have her in my life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You deserve only the best. You are an amazing momma and I too am blessed to be your 'new' friend. Good things happen to good people...not to mention those who wait. God bless you and your gorgeous family.
Love Amy

Deanna said...

With all the toys in Bob's office it looks like it could be Lainey's.