Friday, August 15, 2008

End of vacation


My family just left and already I miss them. Actually, I think I started missing them last night, just thinking about them leaving. A few days once a year is not nearly enough time. I miss having family nearby. With the exception of my sister, all of my family lives a plane ride away.

Robert, Lainey and I had a great time showing them around the city with help from Ride the Ducks (lots of fun and educational too), a trip to Pike Place Market, a ferry boat trip to Bainbridge Island, where we had great ice cream and beer, although not at the same time, Deception Pass, a State Trooper up close and personal (almost forgot about that one-darnit), and Wild Waves yesterday. And of course, no trip with teenagers is complete without a trip or two to the mall. I think I wore my dad out around day two. He was practically begging to be left at home. Lainey enjoyed getting so much attention and having friends to play with. She picked up quite a few new words this week--No, off, mine and is now saying her name really well! She's going to miss all the activity and be bored with just plain old mom.

1 comment:

Mary Liz said...

We had the bestest time ever!! What a cool family we have. Love gml